Located in the center of historical cluster in South Randolph, this exemplary 1802 home exhibits many of the best attributes of both the Georgian and Federal periods. Earlier adjustments took place in 1830, and more recently the current owners tastefully modified their home to incorporate most modern amenities. The interior millwork, its extraordinary fan windows, the interior window shutters, the capacious rooms throughout the house, the historic doors, and the 10 original working fireplace with soapstone surrounds are all strengths that earned The Joseph Fessenden House a spot on the coveted National Register of Historic Places. The level, 6.5 acres spill down to the 60 mile-long White River where there is a fully functional boat put-in next to the infrequently used bridge. On the other side of the bridge, one finds an ideal bike/pedestrian path with only an occasional vehicle. The acreage running parallel to the river might also lend itself to agricultural use. Both of the spacious, historic frame barns are structurally sound and adaptable to a number of uses. This historic enclave is a two mile hop to the commercial and cultural center of South Royalton -- the Vermont Law School, a bohemian coffee shop, a full-fledged hardware store, an old school bookshop, and two revered restaurants. The Law School also serves up intellectually stimulating fare. SoRo also has high-speed access to Hanover (27 minutes) and Lebanon's commercial strip (22 minutes).